Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Well, I grew up quick and I grew up mean, and my fists got hard and my wits got keen...

Sometimes I wonder how I would respond in tough situations. I always seem to think about this when I watch movies regarding war or the hero having to rise to the occasion. I wonder if I would "rise". I just want to be able to test my mettle against the odds. To come through on top in the end, with a really badass song playing in the background. Maybe I should just get into a bar fight. But really, I think all guys wonder this. Could we overtake the enemy on that hill with death staring us in the face? If this big guy has too much to drink and attacks my friend will I bust his nose? If I keep watching Jackass will I be able to perform some of these stunts? :)
But in all seriousness I just wonder if I would step it up if death or injury was on the line. I'd like to think I would but I really have no way of knowing until I'm actually in the situation. Sometimes life just seems so bland, the mundane-ness of having a job, dealing with traffic, paying bills, etc etc, life would be more exciting in the movies, but then again that's why we watch them, to escape our own reality. I'm kind of rambling here but I just want a shot at being that guy, being tested, the good overcoming the evil. Maybe I will get into a bar fight...

3 comments:

raj said...

I've definitely thought that while driving through the ghetto, when a guy gets drunk/rowdy close to your table, etc. Especially if there are women/children with me, I think about how I will defend them, even if I would actually get pummeled.

Anonymous said...

What up yo?

Anonymous said...

i'll put you on my list when you put me on your's suckah!!