Friday, January 05, 2007

I didn't mean to scare you, you just seem really nice...

I've noticed while surfing through blogs (random and familar) that there's a lot of complaining going on. I think that for the new year we here in the blogger world need to gain a little perspective. The simple fact one has a blog means they are better off then a good portion of the world. Having a blog means having access to a computer, most likely owning it, and being able to read, write, and type, which is better then a lot of other people out there. So what if gas prices are high, so what if your neighbor still has their christmas decorations out, so what if johnny doesn't like you, get over it. Appreciate what you have, cherish it because it could be gone in a flash and you'll only be left with a distant memory...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah..like complaining about friends not calling you back. i'm sorry. i should've called. :)

Anonymous said...

Ok. Ok. I'm sorry! I wasn't sure if James was dialing soberly or not. I didn't feel like talking to an overly energetic sounding friend and James did sound overly energetic. I was tired. I went to bed before midnight. When are you coming out again? I would definitely hang out with you next time. Sorry again! I'm a jerk for not calling you back? Will putting you on my blogroll be a way to make up for it? :)

aziner said...

I'm not disagreeing with you necessarily, but I think the new year just brings out this kind of thinking in people. The holidays end, and for many it's a bit of a let down. There's all this build up and excitement for Christmas and then all of a sudden it's January & January is a boring and cold month. And when a new year begins people tend to reflect a lot on their lives. Yes, there are many things to be thankful for, but we'd be deluding ourselves if we ignored the things that aren't setting right with us as a new year begins. I'm sure there are plenty of people who had hopes for 2006 that were not realized. I myself am one of them. It's disappointing, but at the same time I am determined for 2007 to be better & will once again hope for those things to come true. So give the complainers a bit of slack. Perhaps they are not good at saying it, but maybe all they really mean is that they hope for something better this year.

aziner said...

I'm glad you liked the post about Daniel.

I definitely understand what you're saying and I agree that we are richly blessed & should be greatful for that. But I still think there is room for discontentment. I realize that my problems and the ones you read on various other blogs pale in comparison to the majority of the world and we should appreciate that. But does that mean it's not okay to want something better?

Anonymous said...

You are on the blogroll.