Thursday, February 03, 2005

The glove compartment isn't accurately named and everybody knows it...

So I've been reading and seeing a bunch of "Top" lists on blogs and tv lately, and so I thought that I would make a top 10 list of the albums that I would keep if I could only keep 10 albums for the rest of my life. You may add your lists via comment if you so wish.

In no particular order:

1. Weezer -The blue album
2. Pedro the Lion- a compliation I made myself with the best songs of all his albums and eps
3. Jurassic 5- Quality Control
4. Stavesacre- Speakeasy
5. Rage Against the Machine- Self Titled
6. Noise Ratchet- Until we have faces
7. Five Iron Frenzy- Upbeats and beatdowns
8. Jimmy Eat World- Clarity
9. The Essential Johnny Cash
10. Dashboard Confessional Compilation

Honorable mention:
1. Jack Johnson- Brushfire fairytales
2. Project 86- All of them except for Truthless heroes
3. U2- The best of the 80's and 90's
4. The Strokes- Is this it
5. The Get Up Kids- Something to Write Home About
6. Further Seems Forever- The moon is down
7. Death Cab for Cutie- Transatlanticsm

The following are albums that could make this list but I have not been listening to them long enough to qualify:

1. The Killers- Hot fuss
2. Snow Patrol- Final straw
3. Franz Ferdinand- Self Titled
4. Modest Mouse- Good news for people who love bad news
5. Elliot Smith- From a basement on a hill





5 comments:

Pete said...

I'd rather eat a lightbulb than listen to five iron frenzy for the rest of my life.....no offense

Ronnie said...

I realize ska is dead, but it's still a great album.

aziner said...

Only 10, hmm that's rather difficult, but I'll give it a try. In no particular order either.

1. Damien Rice - O
2. Plumb - Beautiful Lumps of Coal
3. Counting Crows - This Desert Life
4. Our Lady Peace - Gravity
5. Radiohead - Pablo Honey
6. Greenwheel - Soma Holiday
7. Relient K - Two Lefts Don't Make a Right . . . But Three Do
8. Garden State Soundtrack
9. Mandalay - Solace
10. U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind

I think I might be able to live the rest of my life with only those albums.

raj said...

I'm really amused by the "I'd rather eat a light bulb" phrase. Is that a California-ism or did you come up with that yourself, Pieter?

Pete said...

I think it was me but i could be wrong