Wednesday, February 02, 2005

What happens in Mexico, stays in Mexico...

It pains me to use a country song as my title, but it seemed only fitting as I spent this past weekend in Rocky Pointe. The trip did fulfill my desire for the beach as we got to camp no more than 50 feet from the crystal blue water. It is a very beautiful place. We were very lucky to have our friend Beth on the trip because she was the only one who spoke decent Spanish despite having Anthony, who is half-Mexican on the trip. If not for her we most likely would've ended up sleeping on a rockpile or in the back of the truck with the sandy beach nowhere in sight.

Many tacos were eaten, some beers drank, and a seagull was killed when it mistakenly picked up an m-80 in it's beak thinking it was food. The bird was taken down by the blow, but did not die, and so it had to have a rock dropped on it in order to cease the suffering that was occurring. The bird did not die without revenge though because as the rock hit him he let out a saddening death cry that will resonate with the rock-dropper for the rest of his life. Happy Humpday and ground hogs day...

6 comments:

aziner said...

Ha! Do not think I am fooled, Ronnie. You hid that m-80 in a piece of bread, did't you? You seagull murderer. I could have lived without knowing about crushing its head and the death cry just in case you were wondering.

Ronnie said...

No, actually I did not hide it in bread. It actually was covered in peanut butter, which was not my idea either. The rock however requires me to plead the 5th.

aziner said...

And to think I was kidding about the intentional killing of the bird. How very disturbing.

raj said...

I've never heard a seagull's death cry, but I can almost guarantee that there's no way that it will haunt you like the death cry of a bunny will. My goodness, that's gotta be the worst sound in nature.

aziner said...

That is in fact the most unholy sound I have ever heard. Damnable cat killing baby bunnies. Don't worry, it's dead now. It wasn't my cat & I had nothing to do with it in case you're wondering.

Pete said...

Man oh man....thanks for dragging up some horrible memories for me as well. Cute little bunny that i shot in the leg with a pellet gun....and then shot ten more times to finish it off because it just wouldn't die.....i think the coyotes actually have claim to the kill unfortunately....but i repent daily for the deed.