Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Lonely and dreaming of the West Coast...

So I really miss the beach. I've realized that for so many years I have taken it for granted because it's always been there. I miss the cool soft sand between my toes, and the warm sun on my face. I miss the sudden jolt the freezing water gives when you jump in at midnight. I miss the feel of the sudden transformation the sand takes as you run back out of the water towards the warm bonfire. This feeling I can best describe as running across broken glass. I miss sunsets and sunrises, both of which show God's magnificent hand at work. I miss walking down the pier, and looking in people's buckets to see what they have caught that night. I miss smores and worship around the bonfire. BEACH, I love thee.

The worst part of being in Arizona is that here at school they have this huge mural of different beaches painted inside the Student Union building. It's like some sick joke the management team did to these kids. Showing them where they could be going to school; some California school next to the beach. Alas, my state of deprivation will be soon ending as I am planning an RA retreat to San Diego in February. Huzzah!!!

5 comments:

aziner said...

Yes I know the song, no I will not post the answer. I'm kind of bored of it & realize that I probably only get the answer every time because I have no life and spend too much time in the world of blogs. I must break free and go outside! It's someone else's turn to answer.

aziner said...

Ronnie, it wasn't meant to be a sad comment, I was merely making fun of myself & it was supposed to be a little bit funny. It's not like I don't go outside at least once a week. ;) If it makes you feel better, Everclear- Santa Monica.

Pete said...

What the hell happened to all the friendly banter here? COME ON GUYS!! SHOW COME COMMITTMENT!

aziner said...

Hmm, I don't seem to recall any friendly banter here. I do remember a quite a bit of good-natured slander going on, though. Ah, the good old days . . . ;)

Ronnie said...

I miss the good ol' days in the cuts!