Monday, November 08, 2004

Goodwill to all men...(and women)

So I was at the Goodwill today looking for some clothes and I found 2 cool button up shirts that had some pink in them (for the last few months I've had this weird obsession for pink shirts). As I looked around the store I started to wonder if I should be shopping there because I might be taking clothes that someone who is less fortunate could afford to purchase. I mean I love thrift stores because you can find cool clothes for cheap, and I hate paying the prices at your typical mall/retail store, but at the same time I can afford to shop at those places, whereas many of these people can not. Is it wrong that I shop at thrift stores? Obviously these places are open to everybody, and I love it when I find a great shirt, but still I wonder about the people who have to shop there because they can't afford clothes anywhere else. Your thoughts....?

2 comments:

Pete said...

I totally agree. Ive felt bad about it before too because stupid college kids go in and pick up all the cool stuff. Then when some lower income or homeless people go in they get the dregs of even the thrift store clothes. It's bad enough they live on the street Ronnie but now they can't even look cool. You bastard....

Anonymous said...

Ronnie, Funny thing. I'm thinking to myself, who is this guy in Phoenix and how does my friend Pieter know him? It was weird getting to know you without realizing who you were:) Your thoughts on Goodwill made me laugh...maybe I missed the point. Hee. What I meant to say is, "Yeah...you're totally a heartless bastard for taking all the cool clothes." Later, "Shooter"