Friday, November 12, 2004

On behalf of my gender, I apologize...

So I was at Friday's tonight hanging in the bar with a few friends and just observing the patrons around us when I saw this group of guys loitering around the bar. There was about 5 of them I guess, but only one actually sat at the bar. The others formed this little "Jr high" semi-cirlce behind that guy while holding their beers. They were probably in their early-to-mid 30's and they kept making eyes at these two girls sitting to the left of me. I could over hear some of their little comments which were of the typical male variety, and they would occasionally walk over to these two ladies, whom without hesitation, let it be known that they did not care for any attention from these guys. So, having been shut down, these guys continued to talk about and look at these girls like they still had some chance of scoring. I glanced over at the girls a couple times inbetween my convo with my friends and they really seemed uncomfortable. So the girls decided to leave and then these guys watch them as they walk out to their cars and one of them says, "Man those chicks bolted out of here. I totally thought I had a chance with them". Another one says, "They were so hot, I'd do both of them". And I'm thinking, "Yeah right".
I felt bad for these girls because they were just trying to enjoy themselves, and have a drink, but of course the loser patrol had to mess it all up. Do these guys take themselves seriously? They're all 30 and sitting at a bar, actually... they weren't even sitting, they were standing. They were leaning against the wall like boys at a jr high dance. Sippin' their drinks and daring each other to ask a girl to boogie. Seriously, do these guys realize they're losers? Is this what these guys invisioned for themselves? Being in their mid 30's, hanging at the bar, hitting on girls that are 10 yrs younger, and talking about how they would "do" them!? Man, guys do suck. We are dogs. I wasn't sure at first, but now I am certain. I felt embarrassed by these guys. These losers represent the male gender, and they are total disgraces. Ladies, I apologize for all the comments and looks and BS that you have to put up with. Gentlemen, do all of us a favor. If your boy has no game, let him know so he doesn't screw it up for the rest of us. And if you're in your mid 30's and still tryin to pick up chicks at the bars, well...sad day...

3 comments:

aziner said...

So Pieter told me that you said I should comment on your blog. So I am because I enjoy your blog. But now I feel all this pressure in writing a comment as if I need to live up to some standard of expectation. Instead of worrying about that I will just say three things:
1. some guys have a tendency to suck beyond the telling of it, but don't worry they don't mar your whole gender as there are a few good ones out there.
2. about being alone, there is a social stigma against doing things alone & while it can make you feel like a complete loser, there is a lot of freedom in ignoring it and doing your own thing. Ever go to a movie by yourself? That can make you feel like the only person in the world without friends, but if you forget all the people staring at you in line and shut out the snickers of the people watching you find a seat by yourself, it can be a good time.
3. I like your blog.

So, this is a really long comment, but I hope it only serves to augment the good thing you've got going on here. And maybe if you're lucky, I'll comment again.

Ronnie said...

You totally have made my day!!! I heart you!!!

aziner said...

Aww, that makes me happy! I heart you too! :)