Sunday, January 09, 2005

'Cause heaven ain't close in a place like this...

Another line from The Killers for the title, I guess that will be my new M.O. for blogging. A high five to the first reader (all 3 of you) who can correctly guess (via comment) which song and/or band my future blog titles come from.

Anyways, whoever gave my name to
www.findmeadate.com is going to feel my wrath 10-fold when I find out who you are. It actually was a funny situation when the lady called me while I was in the changing room at the Burlington Coat factory. I figured it was a joke, so I kept asking if I could take her out, and she kept saying "No sir, this isn't for me, but for all the other ladies out there". Then she asked me what I was doing in a changing room. I guess realizing the obvious isn't a requirement to work the phones of an internet dating site. She's supposed to call me back so that I can take some survey, and get a free coupon for a dinner for that special lady who is sitting behind her keyboard waiting to meet me. But I'm not signing up for anything, I haven't reached that point in my life yet. Maybe in a few weeks...

4 comments:

aziner said...

Soliciting comments in your blog, I'm pretty sure that's gotta be against some blogging code of ethics somewhere. How can you live with yourself? Oh wait, I do that too. :) That changing room story is hilarious. Which btw what were you doing in there? Really, if you were using a changing room for anything other than its intended purpose does the lady on the phone want to know about it? Sorry, I don't have any predictions for future blog titles, though if you add some type of cash incentive I could be persuaded to think harder. ;) Have a great week, Ronnie!

Ronnie said...

Well, I didn't mean to predict them, but to guess after I post. Does that make sense?

aziner said...

Oh yes, now I get what you were asking. That is certainly a game I will play.

Ms. McGowan said...

Sounds like something my crazy friends would do. I can't tell you how many on-line dating services I was signed up for in high school. Of course, I had nothing to do with any of them. This is definitely one of those moments I would have liked to be a fly on a wall for! (Just for clarification...not so I could see your changing room duties, so I could see the expression on your face) Ha. Have a great day, my focus friend. -Shooter