Wednesday, January 19, 2005

The problem with rules are they alienate the criminals...

So I'm posting a new blog at the request of one of my readers because my last blog reached a record setting 24 comments!!! The blogger people actually wrote me and asked if I could trim them down, and I told them to cram it with walnuts because there's no way I'd censor my readers. Dubya can censor hip-hop but not me!!!
Anyways, my new music recommendation is Snow Patrol which I picked up last week, and it's really good despite the very random and simplistic band name. They have a "Coldplay" feel to them, but with out the English accent or radio play. Pick them up now because their album is really cheap everywhere. I still recommend the Killers out there to anyone who is looking for a rockin' good time.
On the movie scene, I saw "Attack on Precinct 13" tonight and it's pretty good. It's your typical Ethan-Hawk-plays-white-cop-alongside-dominant-black-actor-who-is-actually-a-bad-guy movie, much in the style of his earlier flick Training Day. The movie is definitely worth seeing because the plot is interesting, it has some good action, and Ja Rule. What more could you want in a movie...

12 comments:

aziner said...

Pedro the Lion - Nothing

Those blogger bastards trying to keep us down. I'm outraged! Yeah, I know it's not true because you told me, but I'm still outraged at the idea,

Sherry, we should be friends. Anyone who can put up with these two guys has gotta be pretty cool. :)

Ronnie said...

You are awesome because you know that song.

aziner said...

I would just like to point out that I am awesome regardless I what songs I do or do not know.

Pete said...

I want to move to the cuts....is it a place? Is the cost of living reasonably low? Do they have a Starbucks i can transfer to?

Pete said...

It sounds mystical....

Anonymous said...

Dear Pieter and the other boy named Ronnie,
I felt it was my duty to let you know that my daughter, the "English" major has made a terrible vocabulary error. She seems to be a little confused about what we might refer to as "the country". Some people say out in the "sticks" or in the "boon docks". You may even have heard the term the "cuts". However the "cuts" is really not a word. Sherry is quite confused. She called everyone in Livermore (some of them who actually might have lived in the country) in a desperate attempt to verify the meaning of this newly formed vocabulary word. I did not want you to embarrass yourself by trying to use this word. I hope you will understand her embarassment.
Sincerely,
Laurie Musumeche (Sherry's Mother the Speech Pathologist)

Ms. McGowan said...

Okay, so I used the wrong word:) My mom thinks it's hillarious...and I did call my friends from High School to find out if I made it up. I told her she could E-mail Pieter if she really wanted to, but she decided that it would be much funnier to post it on your blog. Ha. Never a dull moment at my house. I have to admit, I am a little embarrassed:)

Ronnie said...

Wow, your Mom posted on my blog in order to clear up the insanity cause by your vocabulary. Simply amazing.

Ms. McGowan said...

Oh yeah, she couldn't drop this one. She's still laughing. I've been trying to avoid your comments, but the truth had to come out some time:) I'll sleep better tonight.

aziner said...

Wow, Sherry your mom is awesome! That's so funny! :)

Pete said...

Oh no Sherry, she did email me in person as well. Don't worry. I think i love your mom more than all moms (except for mine and Ronnie's, who sent me money for ISP). I really hope i'm still her favorite friend of yours.

Anonymous said...

Howdy. I am an authentic country woman and I want to clarify for all of you city folks that "the cuts" is, in fact, a real saying. "The cuts" refers to the outskirts of civilization - also known as the “sticks” or the” boonies”. I believe the saying is less common in California, but in Montana, Texas, and Oklahoma, the term is extremely common. I guarantee it.
Marge