Thursday, January 06, 2005

I got soul but I'm not a soldier...

So I've been listening to the Killers a lot lately, which is the reason for the title of this post, and it's my favorite album right now. You should definitely go pick it up, do not be scared by the name of the band.
Anyways, in accordance with my NYR I've been reading a book. The Pursuit of God by Tozer to be exact, and this man has hit my whole persona on the head. Lately, I feel that I've become bi-polar in regards to my passions. I'll read something or see something and get really inspired, but then when I leave my little zone, and the real world is before me, I buckle over and don't do any of it. Tozer really nailed me this morning while I read in the bathroom (which is my favorite place to read). I'm tired of my lack of desire, and I thirst to be more thirsty. I want God to say to my soul "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away". Seriously, that quote sums up my entire existence. I just get so bogged down with so many petty things: money, image, girls (which is by far the worst of them all), and then I will slowly come out of this Bog and want to do something. I'll be inspired by the Bible or something else and really get excited about accomplishing something, but then when I get to work or some other part of life, I just don't see the connection between what inspired me and whatever I'm dealing with that day. I hope this makes sense because it makes sense in my head, but I don't know if it does on this blog, but I don't want to retype anything. Give me grace to rise and follow...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey dude! It's All4Him... (sorry... not gonna hand my name out, but you know who I am I think) I was sitting here at my computer totally not interested in my homework tonight and figured i would read profiles on AIM, then found your blog. I don't usually read blog stuff, but decided to venture in just this once... and I really appreciate your entry... it is exactly what the Lord has been working on with me. I haven't read the book, but it sounds great! Hang in there and hang tight to the Lord... don't let Him go!!! A broken heart and a contrite spirit He has yet to deny. a song that has really stuck to me this week sings: Worthy, You are worthy... Of a childlike faith and of my honest praise and of my unashamed love, Of a holy life and of my sacrifice and of my unashamed love! He is worthy of our determination... grab hold of Him tight, crying for a passion for Him again and He will give it! Afterall... He is passionately chasing after US minute after minute! wow! he is SOOO worthy! -sorry dude... haven't talked to you in FOREVER... but thought i'd encourage you w/ that.

Ronnie said...

Thanks for that comment T.
I believe my blog now has 4 readers!!! Distribution has doubled in the 05. Hooray!