Saturday, January 15, 2005

They don't gotta burn the books they just remove'em...

Alright, a big high-five to anybody who can name the band and/or song the title of this post comes from...

Anyways, I've been keeping up on my NYR and been reading my book. I really like this book, and it's weird because I've owned it for almost 4 years. In fact, I believe I might have 2 copies of it because I think I received it as a birthday gift for two separate birthdays. I began reading it long ago, and didn't really get into it, but now I love it. It's really God's timing because this book really speaks to me. It's always been hard for me to get into recreational reading, other than the newspaper, Sports Illustrated, or SPIN magazine because I've been forced to read so many books for my classes. Having been a double major in philosophy and history created a mighty big load, not to mention I was a political science major for 2 years before I switched majors. Combine all those "required" readings and it's gets very burdensome. Nevertheless, I enjoy my new found love of reading and I hope it continues.

This section of my post I am devoting to my friend Pieter who still hasn't posted a comment in a long time or left his blog addy so that I might peer into his thoughts. Hurry up and do it you little Dutch bastard... :o)

12 comments:

aziner said...

woo! Rage Against the Machine- Bulls on Parade. Excellent choice. And by the way, if I didn't like the word bastard so much I'd have to be offended about you calling Pieter that, but since I do, eh. Kidding, Pieter is great & not a bastard, though the word bastard is also great. And now I'm done. I'll talk to you later.

Ronnie said...

We have a winner ladies and gentlemen! And now I will give Aziner her high-five. *Holds hand up high*

Also, I believe I called him a "Dutch Bastard". Which makes it even funnier.

aziner said...

You are right, Dutch bastard does in fact make it funnier. Ha. I make fun of the Dutch a lot, but the ones who aren't tulip nazis are pretty cool.

Ms. McGowan said...

Not so sure you can claim 3 readers, eh? Unless I see evidence of our little Dutch friend reading your blog, I can't believe it.

What book are you reading? I know the overwhelming nature of college reading (this English major says with pride)...it's fun to be able to have full chossing-power over my reading material! Happy day to you, kid.

Ronnie said...

I'm sure all your English professors are quite proud of you Sherry and your "chossing" power. Hooray for English!

Ms. McGowan said...

Ha, that's absolutely hilarious. I’m sure glad you’re still mean to me, though (even from Phoenix!) or I might be worried. By the way, when I was in 4th grade, I called a girl a bastard. When my teacher found out, she took me out onto the porch and explained what a bastard was and why it might be hurtful to call somebody that name. Being the kind of kid who got teary-eyed at “the look,” it was traumatizing to have to talk to the teacher. I still think about it when I hear that word. :)

Pete said...

TA-DA! The dutch bastard is finally posting. You shmuck. Now you have the link to my damn website and the satisfaction of knowing that i am still, in fact, your friend. I love you Ronnie and miss you terribly. These times a part are so trying. And what book are you talking about?

Ronnie said...

First off, thank you Pieter for posting because now I won't lose any sleep wondering where you are.
Second, what the hell kind of school/classroom has a "porch". Did you go to school down on the Bayou or something Sherry?
Thirdly, if you've been reading my other posts, you would know that I am reading "The Pursuit of God" by Tozer.

Ms. McGowan said...

Pieter didn't know either, dork-face. I guess I missed it- I'm an English major who can't spell or read, hmm. Livermore and the Bayou are practically the same thing. The mascot for the the high school where I'm doing my student teaching is the "cowboy." Yep, we're hicks...Not that having a porch outside of the classroom makes us from the cuts. Oh Ronnie, I should just stop responding to your posts- this is probably some mind game to see how worked up you can get me:)

Pete said...

From the what's sherry?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ronnie said...

The cuts? Is that some type of Bayou slang?